UFOs sighted in Wellington on X-mas night
Wellington: People in New Plymouth and Wellington claimed they saw “‘UFOs”‘ in the sky on Christmas evening.
Jennie Velvin, of New Plymouth, said everyone would think she had had one too many wines when she saw a UFO.
But she was positive she had not touched the booze and that even her husband, John - normally a sceptic - could confirm there had been something strange in the sky above Ngamotu Rd, New Plymouth.
Velvin said she takes her dogs out the back of the house for toileting at 10pm every evening and whenever she does so she always look up to the sky to see what’s there. Sometimes she sees a satellite or a helicopter.
But she said what she saw on Christmas night was not normal, Stuff.co.nz reported.
She described the object as a small, fast-moving fiery sun that was heading south towards Oakura. She said it flew really low as though she could have reached out and touched it.
The mysterious object had already disappeared into cloud by the time her husband got there, but a second one the same as the first travelled past soon after, and he narrowly missed capturing it with his camera.
Another person named Chris Welson said he noticed three orange lights travelling over New Plymouth on Christmas night about 10.30pm.
A man said he and two other people also saw something strange in the sky above the Wellington suburb of Johnsonville around 10.30pm on Christmas night.
During the 15 seconds he watched it, the light moved very fast, the man, who did not want to be named, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users