US not going to make another manned moon landing: NASA
Washington: NASA chief Charles Bolden has said that the space agency is not sending astronauts to the moon any time soon.
Bolden`s remarks came during a joint meeting of the Space Studies Board and the Aeronautics and Space Engineering Board in Washington last week.
According to a report by SpacePolitics.com, Bolden said the focus would remain on human missions to asteroids and to Mars.
Last week, Russia rekindled its plans for a robotic moon exploration program, unveiling its first new moon mission since the Soviet Union launched Luna 24 in 1976.
Russian space scientists are scripting a new plan to reconnect with the moon, one scientist explained.
Igor Mitrofanov of the Institute for Space Research said that exploration of the moon is an important part of the program.
Russia is a spacefaring country not only with the robotic but also manned flight, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan