Voyage to view solar eclipse in 2015 `hottest cruise ticket on Earth`
London: Thousands of people have booked a ticket to take a cruise to witness a total eclipse of the sun, which will not be taking place until March 2015 and will not happen again until 2026.
The best place to see the rare event will be near the Faroe Islands in the north Atlantic.
Three cruises taking passengers to witness the event at 9.47 on the morning of March 20 have been totally booked and this week Fred Olsen announced that a fourth ship will be joining the eclipse armada, the Mirror reported.
First to jump on the bandwagon was Voyages of Discovery`s mv Voyager, which will be leaving Portsmouth on a 14-night voyage on March 16, 2015.
Next up was Cruise and Maritime Voyages who will put Marco Polo on a voyage towards the Faroes from Tilbury on the same date.
Fred Olsen Cruise Lines found that their 15-night cruise on Boudicca, leaving Southampton on March 9 was so popular that added a 14-night voyage on sister ship Black Watch.
Given the fact that the sun will be in total eclipse for no more than 2 minutes 47 seconds, the cruise lines have to include a warning in their booking conditions citing that solar eclipse and Northern Lights sightings are not guaranteed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics
- MS Dhoni says it will be an interesting series against `extraordinary` West Indies
- Obama creates world's largest marine reserve in Hawaii