Why Star Wars` R2-D2 would be perfect Moon Rover
Washington: Star Wars` robot R2-D2 could be the perfect rover to explore the moon.
Ever since the astronauts started their exploration of moon, the dusty surface has posed them a big obstacle. The electrostatic dust sticks to equipment and spacesuits, making it impossible to keep out of the lunar module.
This matter is of huge concern, as the health implication is so far unknown.
Another problem that has been encountered by the astronauts is that they cause instrumentation problems.
Farideh Honary from University of Lancaster, said that both the moon and the Red Planet have dust but the difference lies in their atmosphere.
She said that the atmosphere on Mars is such that the dust particles there lose their charge.
Honary asserted that any rover or lander having a dome shape can steer clear of excessive dust buildup.
R2-D2 is the only known robot in the popular culture that has a dome shape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test