14 antique objects stolen from museum in TN
Thanjavur: Fourteen antique objects like a small emerald lingam, three small idols of Lord Krishna and bronze knives have been stolen from a private museum in the Royal Palace, police said.
They said the thieves broke open the lock of the showcase in which the objects were kept and stole the articles on Friday. Though CCTV was in place, it was not functioning due to a power cut that evening, police said.
The palace managing trustee Sivaji Raja Bhonsle, a descendant of Raja Serofji, who lives in the palace filed a complaint with police stating that 14 objects were missing from the showcase.
These included a one inch `maragathalingam`, a three inch `spadikalingam`, a quarter inch ivory elephant and an ivory comb.
The Nayak- Maratha palace complex is nearly 400 years old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway