AIADMK fields former advocate general for Rajya Sabha
Chennai: AIADMK general secretary and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has announced that the party would field former advocate general A Navaneethakrishnan as its candidate for July 3 Rajya Sabha election.
In a statement issued late Thursday night, Jayalalithaa said Navaneethakrishnan will be the party`s official candidate for the Rajya Sabha election to be held July 3.
The Rajya Sabha seat fell vacant following the disqualification of DMK member TM Selvaganapathi.
In April, Selvaganapathi was sentenced to two years` rigorous imprisonment after being convicted in a cheating case by a CBI court here.
The case related to the time when Selvaganapathi was minister for rural development and local administration in the AIADMK government (1991-96).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015