AIADMK moves HC against denial of ground to hold party meet
Madurai: AIADMK has moved the Madras High
Court Bench here seeking to quash a city corporation order
denying permission for holding a party meeting to be presided
over by its leader Jayalalithaa at the sprawling Tamukkam
Ground here next month.
In his petition, AIADMK Madurai Urban District Secretary
Sellur K Raju submitted the dates for the four-day meeting
slated to commence on September 18 were fixed after confirming
the availability of the ground.
Besides holding discussions with party functionaries from
south Tamil Nadu, Jayalalithaa would also address a public
meeting on the concluding day.
The petitioner claimed he had also obtained No-Objection
Certificates from the District Collector, the Police
Commissioner and fire department and had paid the rent for the
ground, auditorium, service charges and caution deposits
totalling Rs 63,371 and obtained receipt for the same from the
However, the corporation Commissioner had suddenly
refused permission and sent an order on July 21, stating that
a medical camp was going to be conducted in the grounds from
September 17 to 22.
The commissioner`s order denying permission should be
quashed and the ground should be given to the party as agreed
earlier, the petitioner submitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!