Ambedkar statue found damaged in Tamil Nadu
Kumbakonam: Tension prevailed after an Ambedkar statue at Cholapuram village near here, was found damaged on Saturday, police said.
Some miscreants damaged the right hand of the statue, sources said.
Protesting the incident, Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi activists gathered to observe a fast but gave it up after officials assured them that the culprits would be arrested.
The activists also demanded that a bronze statue be installed in place of the cement one.
Police are maintaining tight vigil near the statue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital