Arrest warrant against Vijayakanth in defamation case
Thanjavur: A court here on Wednesday issued an arrest warrant against actor-turned-politician Vijayakanth of DMDK in a defamation case filed by the Tamil Nadu government after he failed to respond to summons issued by it earlier.
Principal Sessions Judge R Sethumadhavan issued the warrant taking note of Vijaykanth`s failure to respond to the summons.
The case was filed against Vijaykanth for making "defamatory" remarks against Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and the state government at a meeting here on August 12 last year.
Police had filed the chargesheet in the case on February 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand