Attack on SL pilgrims most unfortunate: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday described as "most unfortunate" the attack on Sri Lankan pilgrims in Tamil Nadu by activists of Tamil outfits and said the government is "very firm" that these kind of incidents do not recur.
"It is most unfortunate. It should not happen. Government is very firm that these kind of things do not happen," party spokesman P C Chacko told reporters.
He said the AICC General Secretary in-charge of Tamil Nadu was seized of the matter and the party would get back when its views are formulated.
Reports from Tiruchirapalli stated that Sri Lankan pilgrims were targeted for the second day today with three buses taking them to the local airport coming under attack from activists of Tamil outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic