Attack on SL pilgrims most unfortunate: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday described as "most unfortunate" the attack on Sri Lankan pilgrims in Tamil Nadu by activists of Tamil outfits and said the government is "very firm" that these kind of incidents do not recur.
"It is most unfortunate. It should not happen. Government is very firm that these kind of things do not happen," party spokesman P C Chacko told reporters.
He said the AICC General Secretary in-charge of Tamil Nadu was seized of the matter and the party would get back when its views are formulated.
Reports from Tiruchirapalli stated that Sri Lankan pilgrims were targeted for the second day today with three buses taking them to the local airport coming under attack from activists of Tamil outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days