Attack on SL pilgrims most unfortunate: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday described as "most unfortunate" the attack on Sri Lankan pilgrims in Tamil Nadu by activists of Tamil outfits and said the government is "very firm" that these kind of incidents do not recur.
"It is most unfortunate. It should not happen. Government is very firm that these kind of things do not happen," party spokesman P C Chacko told reporters.
He said the AICC General Secretary in-charge of Tamil Nadu was seized of the matter and the party would get back when its views are formulated.
Reports from Tiruchirapalli stated that Sri Lankan pilgrims were targeted for the second day today with three buses taking them to the local airport coming under attack from activists of Tamil outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Not just cash transactions, IT officials also tracking Facebook posts for foreign tour photos!
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title
- Understanding Olympics qualification: How MC Mary Kom can still go to Rio 2016, with some luck
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay