Attack on SL pilgrims most unfortunate: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday described as "most unfortunate" the attack on Sri Lankan pilgrims in Tamil Nadu by activists of Tamil outfits and said the government is "very firm" that these kind of incidents do not recur.
"It is most unfortunate. It should not happen. Government is very firm that these kind of things do not happen," party spokesman P C Chacko told reporters.
He said the AICC General Secretary in-charge of Tamil Nadu was seized of the matter and the party would get back when its views are formulated.
Reports from Tiruchirapalli stated that Sri Lankan pilgrims were targeted for the second day today with three buses taking them to the local airport coming under attack from activists of Tamil outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Get on the Dragon Boat to relish traditional dim sums at Delhi’s Yauatcha
- Anushka Sharma's FIRST LOOK from 'Sultan' 'Jag Ghoomeya' female version! SEE inside
- How Brexit will affect Indian IT sector
- 'Raped woman' remark: IOA contemplating to drop Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Rio Games?
- Woman files FIR against Delhi MLA Dinesh Mohaniya for misbehaviour; AAP leader rejects charge