Attacks on fishermen: Narayanasamy takes up issue with PM
New Delhi: Union Minister V Narayanasamy has taken up the issue of Indian fishermen being allegedly targeted by Sri Lankan Navy with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and called for the need to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
The Minister of State in PMO also requested Singh that India should take up the issue with Sri Lanka through diplomatic channels.
"The incidents of alleged attack on Indian fishermen from Tamil Nadu and Puducherry keep happening. I took up the issue with the Prime Minister," he said.
He said the issue has been taken up with the Sri Lankan government a number of times by top Indian diplomats during their talks.
Narayanasamy said he told Singh that such incidents should not recur and Sri Lanka should ensure this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review