Attacks on fishermen: Narayanasamy takes up issue with PM
New Delhi: Union Minister V Narayanasamy has taken up the issue of Indian fishermen being allegedly targeted by Sri Lankan Navy with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and called for the need to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
The Minister of State in PMO also requested Singh that India should take up the issue with Sri Lanka through diplomatic channels.
"The incidents of alleged attack on Indian fishermen from Tamil Nadu and Puducherry keep happening. I took up the issue with the Prime Minister," he said.
He said the issue has been taken up with the Sri Lankan government a number of times by top Indian diplomats during their talks.
Narayanasamy said he told Singh that such incidents should not recur and Sri Lanka should ensure this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought