Attacks on fishermen: Narayanasamy takes up issue with PM
New Delhi: Union Minister V Narayanasamy has taken up the issue of Indian fishermen being allegedly targeted by Sri Lankan Navy with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and called for the need to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
The Minister of State in PMO also requested Singh that India should take up the issue with Sri Lanka through diplomatic channels.
"The incidents of alleged attack on Indian fishermen from Tamil Nadu and Puducherry keep happening. I took up the issue with the Prime Minister," he said.
He said the issue has been taken up with the Sri Lankan government a number of times by top Indian diplomats during their talks.
Narayanasamy said he told Singh that such incidents should not recur and Sri Lanka should ensure this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress