Attacks on fishermen: Narayanasamy takes up issue with PM
New Delhi: Union Minister V Narayanasamy has taken up the issue of Indian fishermen being allegedly targeted by Sri Lankan Navy with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and called for the need to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
The Minister of State in PMO also requested Singh that India should take up the issue with Sri Lanka through diplomatic channels.
"The incidents of alleged attack on Indian fishermen from Tamil Nadu and Puducherry keep happening. I took up the issue with the Prime Minister," he said.
He said the issue has been taken up with the Sri Lankan government a number of times by top Indian diplomats during their talks.
Narayanasamy said he told Singh that such incidents should not recur and Sri Lanka should ensure this.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed