Baalu meets Sonia, enquires about her health
New Delhi/Chennai: DMK leader T R Baalu
Friday met Congress President Sonia Gandhi to convey party supremo M Karunanidhi`s well wishes to her after her return from the US post-surgery for an undisclosed ailment.
Baalu, the Parliamentary Party Leader of the DMK, said the Congress President conveyed her thanks to Karunanidhi for
having enquired about her health.
"It is a great opportunity to receive the blessings of a
senior leader like Karunanidhi", Baalu quoted Gandhi as
saying. He said no politics was discussed at the meeting.
"It was a courtesy meeting. We are meeting her for the
first time after she came back back here after her surgery. I
conveyed greetings of my party chief to her. No politics was
discussed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing