BJP to release 1st list of candidates on April 5
Bellary: Rejecting speculations that the ruling BJP`s state election panel was bogged down by differences in finalising candidates for the May 5 Karnataka Assembly polls, Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa on Monday said the first list would be released on April 5.
Eshwarappa, a party senior leader, said a list of 170 names had been prepared and it would be sent to the central election committee which would release it in two instalments.
BJP leaders have been engaged in the exercise of preparing the candidates` list but different pulls and pressures plus uncertainty about the move of fence-sitters have made it more complicated, leading to speculations about differences.
The Congress and JDS are also in no better position as they are also yet to come out with their lists.
Speaking to reporters here, Eshwarappa said a BJP workers meeting would be held in Bangalore on April 8, which would be attended by party veteran L K Advani and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, besides others.
To a query, he said the problems being faced by former BJP strongman B S Yeddyurappa were his own making and they had not cropped up because of "any conspiracy" by party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital