BJP to release 1st list of candidates on April 5
Bellary: Rejecting speculations that the ruling BJP`s state election panel was bogged down by differences in finalising candidates for the May 5 Karnataka Assembly polls, Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa on Monday said the first list would be released on April 5.
Eshwarappa, a party senior leader, said a list of 170 names had been prepared and it would be sent to the central election committee which would release it in two instalments.
BJP leaders have been engaged in the exercise of preparing the candidates` list but different pulls and pressures plus uncertainty about the move of fence-sitters have made it more complicated, leading to speculations about differences.
The Congress and JDS are also in no better position as they are also yet to come out with their lists.
Speaking to reporters here, Eshwarappa said a BJP workers meeting would be held in Bangalore on April 8, which would be attended by party veteran L K Advani and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, besides others.
To a query, he said the problems being faced by former BJP strongman B S Yeddyurappa were his own making and they had not cropped up because of "any conspiracy" by party leaders.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory