BJP to release 1st list of candidates on April 5
Bellary: Rejecting speculations that the ruling BJP`s state election panel was bogged down by differences in finalising candidates for the May 5 Karnataka Assembly polls, Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa on Monday said the first list would be released on April 5.
Eshwarappa, a party senior leader, said a list of 170 names had been prepared and it would be sent to the central election committee which would release it in two instalments.
BJP leaders have been engaged in the exercise of preparing the candidates` list but different pulls and pressures plus uncertainty about the move of fence-sitters have made it more complicated, leading to speculations about differences.
The Congress and JDS are also in no better position as they are also yet to come out with their lists.
Speaking to reporters here, Eshwarappa said a BJP workers meeting would be held in Bangalore on April 8, which would be attended by party veteran L K Advani and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, besides others.
To a query, he said the problems being faced by former BJP strongman B S Yeddyurappa were his own making and they had not cropped up because of "any conspiracy" by party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj