BJP workers protesting against Chidambaram held
Chennai: Scores of BJP workers were detained
in several parts of Tamil Nadu on Thursday when they attempted to
hold demonstrations demanding the resignation of Union Home
Minister P Chidambaram over the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
Tamil Nadu BJP unit vice-president H Raja and 80 others
were detained in Sivaganga, the Lok Sabha constituency of
Chidambaram, when they tried to stage a demonstration and
block traffic, police said.
In Chennai, around 60 BJP workers, mainly from the youth
wing, were held when they tried to stage a demonstration on
the arterial Anna Salai.
A Coimbatore report said around 100 activists were picked
up when they attempted to stage picketing near the Central Bus
Stand there demanding immediate resignation of Chidambaram,
besides External Affairs Minister S M Krishna, facing an FIR
over alleged illegal mining.
The protesters raised slogans against Chidambaram and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured