BJP workers protesting against Chidambaram held
Chennai: Scores of BJP workers were detained
in several parts of Tamil Nadu on Thursday when they attempted to
hold demonstrations demanding the resignation of Union Home
Minister P Chidambaram over the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
Tamil Nadu BJP unit vice-president H Raja and 80 others
were detained in Sivaganga, the Lok Sabha constituency of
Chidambaram, when they tried to stage a demonstration and
block traffic, police said.
In Chennai, around 60 BJP workers, mainly from the youth
wing, were held when they tried to stage a demonstration on
the arterial Anna Salai.
A Coimbatore report said around 100 activists were picked
up when they attempted to stage picketing near the Central Bus
Stand there demanding immediate resignation of Chidambaram,
besides External Affairs Minister S M Krishna, facing an FIR
over alleged illegal mining.
The protesters raised slogans against Chidambaram and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre