Bomb threat to Chennai-bound flight; security beefed up
Chennai: Security at the airport here was
beefed up on Friday after an anonymous call warning that explosive
substances were placed in a Chennai-bound flight from Kochi.
After the phone call was receieved at the cargo section of
the Customs, an alert was issued and Bomb Disposal Squad and
other agencies were put on preparedness, officials said
adding the caller did not identify the airlines flight.
Visitors` entry to the airport was banned today following
a direction from Union Home Ministry as part of security
measures taken in view of the Independence Day.
In a recent incident of security lapse, low intensity
explosive chemical was recovered from Kochi airport when smoke
emanated from the consignment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani