Bomb threat to Chennai-bound flight; security beefed up
Chennai: Security at the airport here was
beefed up on Friday after an anonymous call warning that explosive
substances were placed in a Chennai-bound flight from Kochi.
After the phone call was receieved at the cargo section of
the Customs, an alert was issued and Bomb Disposal Squad and
other agencies were put on preparedness, officials said
adding the caller did not identify the airlines flight.
Visitors` entry to the airport was banned today following
a direction from Union Home Ministry as part of security
measures taken in view of the Independence Day.
In a recent incident of security lapse, low intensity
explosive chemical was recovered from Kochi airport when smoke
emanated from the consignment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured