Bomb threat to Chennai-bound flight; security beefed up
Chennai: Security at the airport here was
beefed up on Friday after an anonymous call warning that explosive
substances were placed in a Chennai-bound flight from Kochi.
After the phone call was receieved at the cargo section of
the Customs, an alert was issued and Bomb Disposal Squad and
other agencies were put on preparedness, officials said
adding the caller did not identify the airlines flight.
Visitors` entry to the airport was banned today following
a direction from Union Home Ministry as part of security
measures taken in view of the Independence Day.
In a recent incident of security lapse, low intensity
explosive chemical was recovered from Kochi airport when smoke
emanated from the consignment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August