Centre should dismiss Kerala government: TN BJP
Coimbatore: The state unit of the BJP here
on Saturday sought the dismissal of the Kerala Government, alleging
"deterioration of law and order" in the neighbouring state in
view of "continuing attacks on Tamils and their belongings,"
which it said threatened national integrity and sovereignty.
The (reported) attacks on Ayyappa devotees, attempts to
molest women estate workers and attacks on shops and buses
belonging to Tamil Nadu, were "clear indication of worsening
law and order situation in Kerala," which would lead to
tension and strain in the relationship between the two States,
the party said on Saturday.
The party adopted a resolution to this effect on the first
day of the party`s two-day State executive meeting at nearby
It was also "unfortunate" that the Centre was remaining a
"mute spectator," when political parties and a section of
newspapers in Kerala were allegedly instigating violence
through anti-social elements, the resolution charged and urged
the Centre to take "necessary steps to dismiss the Kerala
government at the earliest possible (instance)".
In another resolution, the party wanted both the Centre and
State governments to take action against those who were
working against the commissioning of Koodankulam Nuclear Power
Plant, by "misleading the gullible population of the area".
Demanding the resignation of Union Home Minister
P Chidambaram for his alleged role in the 2G Spectrum scam,
the party urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to "drop him,"
if he did not step down voluntarily.
BJP also passed resolutions demanding reduction in the
increase of milk and bus fares in the state, to drop the
proposed power tariff hike and ensure easy availability of
fertilisers at cheap prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack