Centre should dismiss Kerala government: TN BJP
Coimbatore: The state unit of the BJP here
on Saturday sought the dismissal of the Kerala Government, alleging
"deterioration of law and order" in the neighbouring state in
view of "continuing attacks on Tamils and their belongings,"
which it said threatened national integrity and sovereignty.
The (reported) attacks on Ayyappa devotees, attempts to
molest women estate workers and attacks on shops and buses
belonging to Tamil Nadu, were "clear indication of worsening
law and order situation in Kerala," which would lead to
tension and strain in the relationship between the two States,
the party said on Saturday.
The party adopted a resolution to this effect on the first
day of the party`s two-day State executive meeting at nearby
It was also "unfortunate" that the Centre was remaining a
"mute spectator," when political parties and a section of
newspapers in Kerala were allegedly instigating violence
through anti-social elements, the resolution charged and urged
the Centre to take "necessary steps to dismiss the Kerala
government at the earliest possible (instance)".
In another resolution, the party wanted both the Centre and
State governments to take action against those who were
working against the commissioning of Koodankulam Nuclear Power
Plant, by "misleading the gullible population of the area".
Demanding the resignation of Union Home Minister
P Chidambaram for his alleged role in the 2G Spectrum scam,
the party urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to "drop him,"
if he did not step down voluntarily.
BJP also passed resolutions demanding reduction in the
increase of milk and bus fares in the state, to drop the
proposed power tariff hike and ensure easy availability of
fertilisers at cheap prices.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway