Civil war in UPA has come in open: Arun Shourie
Coimbatore: Former telecom minister Arun
Shourie on Friday said the controversial Union Finance Ministry`s
note to the PMO on the 2G spectrum issue has brought into the
open the the "civil war" in the UPA government.
"There is a civil war going on for the last four to five
years. There is no government and the fight is in the open
now," he told reporters here.
Replying to a question on the fresh controversy triggered
by the note, he said it was also "astonishing and ridiculous"
that the Prime Minister or his office had not gone through the
note in March.
Alleging that the government was suppressing all
information regarding the 2G issue, Shourie asked what "Mr
Zero Loss" Kapil Sibal and Pawan Kumar Bansal now had to say
about this particular note which suggested that the scam could
have been averted if the Finance Ministry, then under P
Chidambaram, had insisted on spectrum allocation through
When asked whether the note could be an escape route for
jailed former minister A Raja, Shourie, who was the telecom
minister in the NDA government, said this could be a crucial
defence for Raja who had been maintaining from the beginning
that both the Prime Minister and Chidamabaram were in the know
of the entire issue.
To a question whether he supported the demand for
Chidambaram`s resignation on the issue, Shourie quipped "when
there is no government at all, where is the question of asking
for the resignation?"
On the role of another former telecom minister Dayanidhi
Maran, Shourie said CBI was focusing on Maran now, though it
had said that there was no evidence of coercion by him against
promoter of Aircel C Sivasankaran in the Aircel-Maxis deal.
However, there could be inducement, he said.
"It is not necessary that a minister has to coerce to get
things done, it can be by inducement also," he said.
To an another question on his appearance before CBI,
Shourie said he had already answered some questions posed by
the agency in January and June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!