Coast Guard apprehends 33 Lankan fishermen, seizes 6 boats
Chennai: Thirty-three Sri Lankan fishermen
were apprehended and six boats seized by the Coast Guard off
Cuddalore and Nagapattinam coasts during regular anti-poaching
operations, officials said.
"Coast Guard Dornier aircraft along with Indian Coast
Guard vessels conducted a thorough search in adjoining sea on
June 14 to June 16 and apprehended six Sri Lankan boats with
33 Sri Lankan crew on board," an official release here said.
The boats were apprehended for illegally fishing in Indian
Exclusive Economic Zone, it said, adding that around 1,750 kg
of fish were seized during the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city