Cong dismisses suggestions on Karuna`s statement
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed
suggestions that DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s statement that "bad
friendship will end in trouble" was a threat to the tie-up
between the two parties.
"There is no question of any threat veiled or unveiled.
DMK and Congress are allies... Kindly do not speculate", party
spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He also wished Karunanidhi, who turned 88, today. "We
extend our greetings to him as a valued ally," he said
replying to a question.
In Chennai, Karunanidhi said that "cadres who have
dedicated themselves to social and political renaissance
should keep going without forgetting that bad friendship will
end in trouble".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province