Cong dismisses suggestions on Karuna`s statement
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed
suggestions that DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s statement that "bad
friendship will end in trouble" was a threat to the tie-up
between the two parties.
"There is no question of any threat veiled or unveiled.
DMK and Congress are allies... Kindly do not speculate", party
spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He also wished Karunanidhi, who turned 88, today. "We
extend our greetings to him as a valued ally," he said
replying to a question.
In Chennai, Karunanidhi said that "cadres who have
dedicated themselves to social and political renaissance
should keep going without forgetting that bad friendship will
end in trouble".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16