Court grants police custody of Ansari
Tiruchirappalli: A court here on Friday ordered police custody of A Tameem Ansari, arrested recently on charges of trying to send vital information about Wellington Military Academy besides videos and pictures of naval and coast guard installations and ports in Tamil Nadu to a Pakistan embassy official in Sri Lanka, till 4.30 pm tomorrow.
After hearing the `Q` wing of the Chennai police and counsel for Ansari, Judicial Magistrate Court Judge Rajendan ordered police custody of the accused till 4.30 pm tomorrow.
He was arrested here on September 17 along with 25 CDs and photographs of various important installations in Tamil Nadu.
According to police Ansari was exporting onions to Sri Lanka. He had developed contact with a Pakistan embassy official in Colombo, who had asked him to send the photographs of Naval stations, coastguard station and Army installations in Tamil Nadu.
A local court had earlier remanded him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH