Court grants police custody of Ansari
Tiruchirappalli: A court here on Friday ordered police custody of A Tameem Ansari, arrested recently on charges of trying to send vital information about Wellington Military Academy besides videos and pictures of naval and coast guard installations and ports in Tamil Nadu to a Pakistan embassy official in Sri Lanka, till 4.30 pm tomorrow.
After hearing the `Q` wing of the Chennai police and counsel for Ansari, Judicial Magistrate Court Judge Rajendan ordered police custody of the accused till 4.30 pm tomorrow.
He was arrested here on September 17 along with 25 CDs and photographs of various important installations in Tamil Nadu.
According to police Ansari was exporting onions to Sri Lanka. He had developed contact with a Pakistan embassy official in Colombo, who had asked him to send the photographs of Naval stations, coastguard station and Army installations in Tamil Nadu.
A local court had earlier remanded him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh