Court grants police custody of Ansari
Tiruchirappalli: A court here on Friday ordered police custody of A Tameem Ansari, arrested recently on charges of trying to send vital information about Wellington Military Academy besides videos and pictures of naval and coast guard installations and ports in Tamil Nadu to a Pakistan embassy official in Sri Lanka, till 4.30 pm tomorrow.
After hearing the `Q` wing of the Chennai police and counsel for Ansari, Judicial Magistrate Court Judge Rajendan ordered police custody of the accused till 4.30 pm tomorrow.
He was arrested here on September 17 along with 25 CDs and photographs of various important installations in Tamil Nadu.
According to police Ansari was exporting onions to Sri Lanka. He had developed contact with a Pakistan embassy official in Colombo, who had asked him to send the photographs of Naval stations, coastguard station and Army installations in Tamil Nadu.
A local court had earlier remanded him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!