Court grants police custody of Ansari
Tiruchirappalli: A court here on Friday ordered police custody of A Tameem Ansari, arrested recently on charges of trying to send vital information about Wellington Military Academy besides videos and pictures of naval and coast guard installations and ports in Tamil Nadu to a Pakistan embassy official in Sri Lanka, till 4.30 pm tomorrow.
After hearing the `Q` wing of the Chennai police and counsel for Ansari, Judicial Magistrate Court Judge Rajendan ordered police custody of the accused till 4.30 pm tomorrow.
He was arrested here on September 17 along with 25 CDs and photographs of various important installations in Tamil Nadu.
According to police Ansari was exporting onions to Sri Lanka. He had developed contact with a Pakistan embassy official in Colombo, who had asked him to send the photographs of Naval stations, coastguard station and Army installations in Tamil Nadu.
A local court had earlier remanded him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption