CPI-M condemns Kalam`s frisking
Chennai: Tamil Nadu unit of CPI-M on Wednesday
condemned the Sept 29 frisking of former President APJ Abdul
Kalam by security officials at New York`s JFK Airport.
The party`s state committee in a resolution passed at its
meeting said the US authorities had violated well established
principles that former Presidents were exempted from frisking.
"This is not the first time that Kalam was subjected to
humiliation. He faced the same humiliation in 2008 also`, the
80-year-old Kalam was twice frisked at the JFK Airport by
security officials who even took off his jacket and shoes to
check for explosives before he was to board an Air India
flight on September 29.
It said several well known figures including popular
artists Sharu khan and Kamal Hasan and former defence minister
George Fernandes were subjected to such humilitions.
It urged the Tamil Nadu government to eradicate
untouchability which the party said was practised in several
parts of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!