DMDK stages walks out objecting to minister`s remarks
Chennai: DMDK members on Wednesday walked out from the Tamil Nadu Assembly protesting against certain remarks by Transport Minister V Senthil Balaji.
In his reply to the debate on the demands for grants to the Transport Department, Balaji made certain remarks which were strongly objected by DMDK members.
Party whip VC Chandrakumar along with other MLAs argued with Speaker P Dhanapal over the remarks and after making loud protests they staged a walkout.
Yesterday, DMK members were barred from participating the rest of the session following their eviction for the fourth time in the ongoing session.
The session, which began on July 10, is slated to end on August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj