DMDK stages walks out objecting to minister`s remarks
Chennai: DMDK members on Wednesday walked out from the Tamil Nadu Assembly protesting against certain remarks by Transport Minister V Senthil Balaji.
In his reply to the debate on the demands for grants to the Transport Department, Balaji made certain remarks which were strongly objected by DMDK members.
Party whip VC Chandrakumar along with other MLAs argued with Speaker P Dhanapal over the remarks and after making loud protests they staged a walkout.
Yesterday, DMK members were barred from participating the rest of the session following their eviction for the fourth time in the ongoing session.
The session, which began on July 10, is slated to end on August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH