DMK leader seeks advance bail in quarrying case
Chennai: Senior DMK leader and former minister K Ponmudi has filed an application for anticipatory bail before the Madras High Court in connection with a case of quarrying of red sand in `patta` lands.
Ponmudi, DMK strongman in Villupuram, submitted that he apprehended arrest for his alleged involvement in the offence. He said he was innocent and had nothing to do with the alleged offence.
The offence was registered under sections of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulations) Act, 1957, Tamil Nadu Mines and Minerals Concession Rule, 1959, Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and IPC.
Police had filed a case of irregularities in quarrying of red sand in patta lands in the area, based on the report given by Tahsildar of Vanur in Villupuram district.
Justice B Rajendran adjourned the matter for Oct4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!