DMK leader seeks advance bail in quarrying case
Chennai: Senior DMK leader and former minister K Ponmudi has filed an application for anticipatory bail before the Madras High Court in connection with a case of quarrying of red sand in `patta` lands.
Ponmudi, DMK strongman in Villupuram, submitted that he apprehended arrest for his alleged involvement in the offence. He said he was innocent and had nothing to do with the alleged offence.
The offence was registered under sections of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulations) Act, 1957, Tamil Nadu Mines and Minerals Concession Rule, 1959, Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and IPC.
Police had filed a case of irregularities in quarrying of red sand in patta lands in the area, based on the report given by Tahsildar of Vanur in Villupuram district.
Justice B Rajendran adjourned the matter for Oct4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says