DMK leader seeks advance bail in quarrying case
Chennai: Senior DMK leader and former minister K Ponmudi has filed an application for anticipatory bail before the Madras High Court in connection with a case of quarrying of red sand in `patta` lands.
Ponmudi, DMK strongman in Villupuram, submitted that he apprehended arrest for his alleged involvement in the offence. He said he was innocent and had nothing to do with the alleged offence.
The offence was registered under sections of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulations) Act, 1957, Tamil Nadu Mines and Minerals Concession Rule, 1959, Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and IPC.
Police had filed a case of irregularities in quarrying of red sand in patta lands in the area, based on the report given by Tahsildar of Vanur in Villupuram district.
Justice B Rajendran adjourned the matter for Oct4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'