DMK leader seeks advance bail in quarrying case
Chennai: Senior DMK leader and former minister K Ponmudi has filed an application for anticipatory bail before the Madras High Court in connection with a case of quarrying of red sand in `patta` lands.
Ponmudi, DMK strongman in Villupuram, submitted that he apprehended arrest for his alleged involvement in the offence. He said he was innocent and had nothing to do with the alleged offence.
The offence was registered under sections of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulations) Act, 1957, Tamil Nadu Mines and Minerals Concession Rule, 1959, Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and IPC.
Police had filed a case of irregularities in quarrying of red sand in patta lands in the area, based on the report given by Tahsildar of Vanur in Villupuram district.
Justice B Rajendran adjourned the matter for Oct4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?