Expelled AIADMK leader joins DMK
Chennai: Over a week after his expulsion from
AIADMK for questioning its chief Jayalalithaa`s style of
functioning, former minister S Muthusamy today joined the
Muthusamy and his loyalist and another expelled AIADMK
leader V K Chinnachamy called on DMK president and Chief
Minister M Karunanidhi here and signed the party`s primary
Muthusamy told reporters that more of his supporters and
many other AIADMK workers would join DMK on June 12.
A confidant of AIADMK founder M G Ramachandran, Muthusamy
was the transport minister from 1980 till the former`s death
in 1987 and health minister in Jayalalithaa`s first term as
Chief Minister from 1991-96.
Muthusamy was expelled by Jayalalithaa for "anti-party"
activities on May 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj