Five held: Leopard skin, tiger`s skull seized
Erode: Five persons have been arrested in three
separate cases and leopard skin and a tiger`s skeleton
recovered from them, forest officials said today.
Two poachers were arrested yesterday in Karamadai village
near Coimbatore on charges of possessing leopard skin.
Forest officials said the skin had bullet marks on it
indicating that it was shot by poachers.
Another person was arrested at Kavindapady, 25 km from
Erode, for trying to sell a tiger`s skull and skeleton.
Two persons were arrested for attempting to sell a
wild cat similar to a leopard cub. The wild cat, kept in a
cage at Vaipady village, was rescued and taken to the forest
ranger office, officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS