Four rape widow while posing as cops; arrested
Visakhapatnam: Four persons, including two thieves, who posing as policemen allegedly gang-raped a 35-year-old widow about 10 days ago here have been arrested, police said Wednesday.
Though the offence took place in the city on January 19, it came to light today when Pendurthi police nabbed the four accused in the case.
According to police, the woman, a native of city`s Pendurthi area, had lost her husband about two years back and was working at a shop for livelihood.
On January 19 evening, the woman along with her friend S Naidu was walking towards her home where four persons - K Ramana, P Ramesh and their friends A Vara Prasad and P Mahesh - posed as policemen before her.
Later, two of them thrashed Naidu and tied his hands. The four then took turns to rape the woman in front of her friend.
The four accused then warned the woman and Naidu not to inform police about the incident and fled from the spot.
The victim approached Pendurthi police on January 23 and lodged a complaint.
Based on the complaint and the information provided by the victim, a police team nabbed accused K Ramana a few days back.
During the interrogation, Ramesh disclosed the names of three others accused in the crime who were arrested today.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (North) CM Naidu said all the four accused have been booked under section 376(D) of IPC.
The accused were produced in a local court today and sent in judicial remand for 15 days.
Both Ramana and Ramesh were involved in several theft cases in and around Pendurthi area, the ACP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister