Goondas Act slapped on ex-DMK minister Arumugam
Chennai: Former DMK minister Veerapandi S Arumugam, arrested here earlier this month in a land grabbing case, was on Monday detained under the stringent Goondas Act, police said.
The party`s strongman in Salem district, arrested near his residence on June 4 and imprisoned in Vellore, was informed about his detention, they said.
Arumugam is the latest among several DMK leaders and former ministers, besides MLAs to face police, vigilance or anti-corruption bureau`s action either on land grab charges or allegations of disproportionate assets, after the AIADMK government came to power in April last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best