Goondas Act slapped on ex-DMK minister Arumugam
Chennai: Former DMK minister Veerapandi S Arumugam, arrested here earlier this month in a land grabbing case, was on Monday detained under the stringent Goondas Act, police said.
The party`s strongman in Salem district, arrested near his residence on June 4 and imprisoned in Vellore, was informed about his detention, they said.
Arumugam is the latest among several DMK leaders and former ministers, besides MLAs to face police, vigilance or anti-corruption bureau`s action either on land grab charges or allegations of disproportionate assets, after the AIADMK government came to power in April last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah