HC declines to stay order prohibiting Ramadoss’ en
Chennai: Madras High Court on Thursday declined to grant stay on the Madurai District Collector`s order prohibiting entry of PMK founder S Ramadoss into Madurai district till February 21.
Justice N Paul Vasanthakumar admitted the petition filed by PMK founder Ramadoss.
The judge also ordered issue of notice returnable by January 18 on a petition seeking an interim stay of the Collector`s order of January 7.
Ramadoss had said several incidents of failure of love marriages were reported in newspapers and on verification of the said incidents, it was found all of them were true and several families suffered because of the marriages. With social consciousness, he had said this should be nipped in the bud.
The petitioner said his speeches were only with reference to marriages which were "made in the name of false love there by making young women as victims of such marriages."
Without even referring to his objections, the Madurai Collector had passed the order.
He sought to quash the Collector’s order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock
- Suicide bomber kills at least 20 recruits in Yemen
- Watch: Launch of India's first indigenous reusable space shuttle from Sriharikota!
- Naseeruddin Shah wants to write tell-all book on Bollywood
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 open sale to begin at 2 pm on May 25