HC declines to stay order prohibiting Ramadoss’ en
Chennai: Madras High Court on Thursday declined to grant stay on the Madurai District Collector`s order prohibiting entry of PMK founder S Ramadoss into Madurai district till February 21.
Justice N Paul Vasanthakumar admitted the petition filed by PMK founder Ramadoss.
The judge also ordered issue of notice returnable by January 18 on a petition seeking an interim stay of the Collector`s order of January 7.
Ramadoss had said several incidents of failure of love marriages were reported in newspapers and on verification of the said incidents, it was found all of them were true and several families suffered because of the marriages. With social consciousness, he had said this should be nipped in the bud.
The petitioner said his speeches were only with reference to marriages which were "made in the name of false love there by making young women as victims of such marriages."
Without even referring to his objections, the Madurai Collector had passed the order.
He sought to quash the Collector’s order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic