Heavy security in Hyderabad for `Chalo Assembly protest`
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police have made heavy security arrangements in Hyderabad in view of the `Chalo Assembly` protest tomorrow by deploying about 10,000 police personnel from the state and 20 companies from the central para-military forces.
After refusing permission for the protest, the police have started checking vehicles at entry points to foil the attempts of the protesters to get into the city.
The police have also intensified surveillance following inputs that Maoists might mix up with the protesters.
Scores of pro-Telangana activists, including leaders of different political parties, have already been taken into preventive custody.
Police have imposed prohibitory orders under section 144 CrPC banning assembly of five or more persons in the limits of Hyderabad and Cyberabad Police Commissionerates which will be in force till 6 am on June 15.
Police have made it clear that participation in the `Chalo Assembly` will be "illegal" and advised students and government employees to stay away from the agitation.
"Some anti-social elements under the guise of agitators are planning to cause harm to private and public properties and trying to create disturbances affecting public peace and order in Hyderabad," city police commissioner Anurag Sharma has said.
In Mahabubnagar district, over 2,000 pro-Telangana activists were rounded up, Superintendent of Police Narendra Kumar said.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made in the city to ensure that the ongoing session of the assembly passes off smoothly and 17 check-posts set up in different parts of the city to keep a tab on vehicles and suspects.
Besides, huge police force has been deployed within 2-km radius of the assembly premises. While over 6,000 police personnel have been deployed in Hyderabad, over 3,000 police personnel are on duty at Cyberabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre