Heavy security in Hyderabad for `Chalo Assembly protest`
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police have made heavy security arrangements in Hyderabad in view of the `Chalo Assembly` protest tomorrow by deploying about 10,000 police personnel from the state and 20 companies from the central para-military forces.
After refusing permission for the protest, the police have started checking vehicles at entry points to foil the attempts of the protesters to get into the city.
The police have also intensified surveillance following inputs that Maoists might mix up with the protesters.
Scores of pro-Telangana activists, including leaders of different political parties, have already been taken into preventive custody.
Police have imposed prohibitory orders under section 144 CrPC banning assembly of five or more persons in the limits of Hyderabad and Cyberabad Police Commissionerates which will be in force till 6 am on June 15.
Police have made it clear that participation in the `Chalo Assembly` will be "illegal" and advised students and government employees to stay away from the agitation.
"Some anti-social elements under the guise of agitators are planning to cause harm to private and public properties and trying to create disturbances affecting public peace and order in Hyderabad," city police commissioner Anurag Sharma has said.
In Mahabubnagar district, over 2,000 pro-Telangana activists were rounded up, Superintendent of Police Narendra Kumar said.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made in the city to ensure that the ongoing session of the assembly passes off smoothly and 17 check-posts set up in different parts of the city to keep a tab on vehicles and suspects.
Besides, huge police force has been deployed within 2-km radius of the assembly premises. While over 6,000 police personnel have been deployed in Hyderabad, over 3,000 police personnel are on duty at Cyberabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco