I always respected Kalam, says Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi, who had said naming of APJ Abdul Kalam in the presidential race has led to chaos, on Sunday maintained that he always respected the former President.
"Some people are trying to divert the issue. Abdul Kalam himself knows how much I value and respect him and the high post he held. I would always respect him," Karunanidhi told reporters here.
The DMK patriarch had on Friday said, "Kalam in Tamil also means chaos. Anyhow, chaos has broken out in the Presidential election."
Announcing UPA`s Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee`s visit to Chennai on June 30, he said, "For the first time, Pranab Mukherjee would come to Chennai on June 30 to meet the electors. He would seek votes from MPs and MLAs. Arrangements have been made for a reception."
Chances of Mukherjee becoming the President are "bright", he said.
He declined to comment on senior BJP leader L K Advani`s observation that there was confusion in the Congress over the Presidential polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'