I always respected Kalam, says Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi, who had said naming of APJ Abdul Kalam in the presidential race has led to chaos, on Sunday maintained that he always respected the former President.
"Some people are trying to divert the issue. Abdul Kalam himself knows how much I value and respect him and the high post he held. I would always respect him," Karunanidhi told reporters here.
The DMK patriarch had on Friday said, "Kalam in Tamil also means chaos. Anyhow, chaos has broken out in the Presidential election."
Announcing UPA`s Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee`s visit to Chennai on June 30, he said, "For the first time, Pranab Mukherjee would come to Chennai on June 30 to meet the electors. He would seek votes from MPs and MLAs. Arrangements have been made for a reception."
Chances of Mukherjee becoming the President are "bright", he said.
He declined to comment on senior BJP leader L K Advani`s observation that there was confusion in the Congress over the Presidential polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan