Jaya announces solatium to next of kin of deceased
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa Monday announced a solatium of Rs one lakh each to the next of kin of the victims of a bus accident at Erode in which eight persons were killed.
Expressing grief, Jayalalithaa in a statement said she had
directed the Erode district administration and respective
hospitals where the injured have been admitted, to ensure good
treatment, adding, she prayed for their speedy recovery.
Jayalalithaa also announced as compensation Rs 25,000 for
those who had sustained serious injuries, besides Rs 10,000
for persons with mild injuries, all from the Chief Minister`s
General Relief Fund.
Eight persons, including three women and a child, were
charred to death after a private bus and an aviation fuel-laden truck collided and went up in flames at Chithodau
near Erode, yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!