Jaya announces solatium to next of kin of deceased
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa Monday announced a solatium of Rs one lakh each to the next of kin of the victims of a bus accident at Erode in which eight persons were killed.
Expressing grief, Jayalalithaa in a statement said she had
directed the Erode district administration and respective
hospitals where the injured have been admitted, to ensure good
treatment, adding, she prayed for their speedy recovery.
Jayalalithaa also announced as compensation Rs 25,000 for
those who had sustained serious injuries, besides Rs 10,000
for persons with mild injuries, all from the Chief Minister`s
General Relief Fund.
Eight persons, including three women and a child, were
charred to death after a private bus and an aviation fuel-laden truck collided and went up in flames at Chithodau
near Erode, yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh