JM to look into alleged rape of tribal women
Chennai: A judicial magistrate will be
looking into a complaint of alleged rape of four tribal women
by as many policemen in Villupuram district, a top official
said on Sunday.
"We are looking into the matter. A judicial magistrate will
enquire into the complaint since it is of this nature (alleged
rape by policemen)," C Sylendra Babu, Inspector General of
Police (North Zone) said.
On November 26, a complaint to Villupuram Superintendent of
Police, N Baskaran, alleged that the four women of Irula tribe
were raped by policemen after they had gone to Tirukoilur
police station seeking the release of a relative who had been
The police had picked up Kasi, a relative of the women, in
connection with a theft case on November 22 and his family had
gone to the police station seeking his release, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'