Kharge seeks report on Coimbatore lynching case
New Delhi: Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge on Wednesday condemned the lynching of a company official in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
Reacting to the tragedy, Kharge said: Lynching of the company vice-president by workers is an unfortunate incident. I have asked the Tamil Nadu Government to provide a detailed report of the incident.
A group of agitating workers of an auto parts manufacturing company on Tuesday lynched the Vice President (Human Resource) of the company to death.
Six workers barged into Pricol Limited and attacked employees of company`s human resource department including Vice-President Roy J George got badly hurt.
George, 47, succumbed to serious head injures in hospital.
According to the police the assault was a reaction to their dismissal from service.
The company had dismissed around 42 workers on Saturday on account of indiscipline.
In a statement, the company stated that its utilisation capacity was slipped to ten percent and some workers were not letting the others work.
George was trying to initiate a dialogue with the agitating workers to bring the operations back on track.
Police arrested twelve workers of the company belonging to All India Central Council of Trade Unions (AICCTU) on charges of murder. A case has been registered against them under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Earlier, the AICCTU had made various demands before the management.
Company sources said trouble between the workers and the management had been on for the last two years.
Security has been beefed up as a precautionary measure in the company premises. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch