Kharge seeks report on Coimbatore lynching case
New Delhi: Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge on Wednesday condemned the lynching of a company official in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
Reacting to the tragedy, Kharge said: Lynching of the company vice-president by workers is an unfortunate incident. I have asked the Tamil Nadu Government to provide a detailed report of the incident.
A group of agitating workers of an auto parts manufacturing company on Tuesday lynched the Vice President (Human Resource) of the company to death.
Six workers barged into Pricol Limited and attacked employees of company`s human resource department including Vice-President Roy J George got badly hurt.
George, 47, succumbed to serious head injures in hospital.
According to the police the assault was a reaction to their dismissal from service.
The company had dismissed around 42 workers on Saturday on account of indiscipline.
In a statement, the company stated that its utilisation capacity was slipped to ten percent and some workers were not letting the others work.
George was trying to initiate a dialogue with the agitating workers to bring the operations back on track.
Police arrested twelve workers of the company belonging to All India Central Council of Trade Unions (AICCTU) on charges of murder. A case has been registered against them under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Earlier, the AICCTU had made various demands before the management.
Company sources said trouble between the workers and the management had been on for the last two years.
Security has been beefed up as a precautionary measure in the company premises. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm