Lankan Navy personnel pelts stones at TN fishermen
Rameswaram: About 800 fishermen who went to
fishing near Katchatheevu island had to return after Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly pelted stones at them, official sources said here Thursday.
The naval personnel, who were in five boats, surrounded the
boats of the fishermen last night and pelted stones at them, forcing them to leave the area without fishing, the sources said.
The fishermen escaped without getting hurt by ducking in
their boats, the sources said.
Katchatheevu was ceded to Sri Lanka by India in 1974.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Brahmos missiles deployment in Arunachal: India can do more for peace, rather than contrary, says China
- Iraq forces retake key town south of Mosul
- Pak asks world community to play role to resolve Kashmir issue
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams goes click-click as US National Park Service celebrates centennial!
- Fire alarm forces AI to divert Mumbai-Newark flight