Lankan Navy personnel pelts stones at TN fishermen
Rameswaram: About 800 fishermen who went to
fishing near Katchatheevu island had to return after Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly pelted stones at them, official sources said here Thursday.
The naval personnel, who were in five boats, surrounded the
boats of the fishermen last night and pelted stones at them, forcing them to leave the area without fishing, the sources said.
The fishermen escaped without getting hurt by ducking in
their boats, the sources said.
Katchatheevu was ceded to Sri Lanka by India in 1974.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery