Lankan Navy personnel pelts stones at TN fishermen
Rameswaram: About 800 fishermen who went to
fishing near Katchatheevu island had to return after Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly pelted stones at them, official sources said here Thursday.
The naval personnel, who were in five boats, surrounded the
boats of the fishermen last night and pelted stones at them, forcing them to leave the area without fishing, the sources said.
The fishermen escaped without getting hurt by ducking in
their boats, the sources said.
Katchatheevu was ceded to Sri Lanka by India in 1974.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports