Lankan Navy personnel pelts stones at TN fishermen
Rameswaram: About 800 fishermen who went to
fishing near Katchatheevu island had to return after Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly pelted stones at them, official sources said here Thursday.
The naval personnel, who were in five boats, surrounded the
boats of the fishermen last night and pelted stones at them, forcing them to leave the area without fishing, the sources said.
The fishermen escaped without getting hurt by ducking in
their boats, the sources said.
Katchatheevu was ceded to Sri Lanka by India in 1974.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened