Man floats in sea for 3 hrs with tri-colour
Rameswaram: A 28-year-old man floated in the
sea here for three hours holding the tri-colour aloft as part
of celebrating the country`s 65th Independence Day.
Rajendrakumar of Mandapam Fishermen Colony said later
that through his feat he also wanted to highlight his desire
of establishment of a `corrupt free` India and all Indians to
be treated equally without any discrimination.
He also wanted freedom fighters, who struggled for the
nation`s freedom, to be treated with respect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency