Man lays foundation stone for his graveyard
Tirunelveli: In a bizarre incident, a 52-year -old man here arranged a feast for relatives and friends for laying the foundation stone of his graveyard on Friday.
Thavasikani of Ramakrishnapuram village near Kalakaadu, living alone due to differences with wife and son, decided to build his own resting place, fearing that they would not give him a proper funeral.
He sent out printed invitations to his relatives and friends for the function, local revenue officials said, adding Thavasikani was constructing the graveyard in his own garden.
"I am alone, though I have my wife and son. I don`t know what will they do after I die. Hence, I decided to construct the graveyard myself in my garden," he told his relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured