Man lays foundation stone for his graveyard
Tirunelveli: In a bizarre incident, a 52-year -old man here arranged a feast for relatives and friends for laying the foundation stone of his graveyard on Friday.
Thavasikani of Ramakrishnapuram village near Kalakaadu, living alone due to differences with wife and son, decided to build his own resting place, fearing that they would not give him a proper funeral.
He sent out printed invitations to his relatives and friends for the function, local revenue officials said, adding Thavasikani was constructing the graveyard in his own garden.
"I am alone, though I have my wife and son. I don`t know what will they do after I die. Hence, I decided to construct the graveyard myself in my garden," he told his relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand