Moily says PM acted swiftly to cancel Devas deal
Chennai: Defending Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh on the Antrix-Devas deal issue, Union Corporate Affairs
Minister Veerappa Moily on Tuesday said the former never wanted to
hide anything and had acted swiftly and scrapped the pact.
"...Now things are coming out...Two committees were
appointed by the Prime Minister. He never wanted to hide
anything", Moily said reacting to BJP questioning Singh`s
`silence` on the issue in the backdrop of the blacklisting of
four scientists, including former ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair.
As soon as the scam surfaced, the Prime Minister appointed
two committees to look into it and annulled the deal after
getting the opinion of the Law Minister, he said replying to
questions from reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Moily, however, admitted that "somewhere you know there
was no proper handling" but asserted the Prime Minister could
not be blamed for it.
He was speaking after inaugurating a conference on
"Investor`s Meet" organised by Ministry of Corporate Affairs
and Institute of Chartered Accounts of India here.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO