Moily says PM acted swiftly to cancel Devas deal
Chennai: Defending Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh on the Antrix-Devas deal issue, Union Corporate Affairs
Minister Veerappa Moily on Tuesday said the former never wanted to
hide anything and had acted swiftly and scrapped the pact.
"...Now things are coming out...Two committees were
appointed by the Prime Minister. He never wanted to hide
anything", Moily said reacting to BJP questioning Singh`s
`silence` on the issue in the backdrop of the blacklisting of
four scientists, including former ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair.
As soon as the scam surfaced, the Prime Minister appointed
two committees to look into it and annulled the deal after
getting the opinion of the Law Minister, he said replying to
questions from reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Moily, however, admitted that "somewhere you know there
was no proper handling" but asserted the Prime Minister could
not be blamed for it.
He was speaking after inaugurating a conference on
"Investor`s Meet" organised by Ministry of Corporate Affairs
and Institute of Chartered Accounts of India here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened