Moily says PM acted swiftly to cancel Devas deal
Chennai: Defending Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh on the Antrix-Devas deal issue, Union Corporate Affairs
Minister Veerappa Moily on Tuesday said the former never wanted to
hide anything and had acted swiftly and scrapped the pact.
"...Now things are coming out...Two committees were
appointed by the Prime Minister. He never wanted to hide
anything", Moily said reacting to BJP questioning Singh`s
`silence` on the issue in the backdrop of the blacklisting of
four scientists, including former ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair.
As soon as the scam surfaced, the Prime Minister appointed
two committees to look into it and annulled the deal after
getting the opinion of the Law Minister, he said replying to
questions from reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Moily, however, admitted that "somewhere you know there
was no proper handling" but asserted the Prime Minister could
not be blamed for it.
He was speaking after inaugurating a conference on
"Investor`s Meet" organised by Ministry of Corporate Affairs
and Institute of Chartered Accounts of India here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report