MPs’ visit to Sri Lanka a ‘mere waste’: MDMK
Chennai: The Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) on Sunday described as ‘mere waste’ the scheduled visit of an all-party MPs’ delegation to Sri Lanka from April 16-22 to assess the resettlement and political process.
“The scheduled visit will not help Tamils in Sri Lanka in any way. It is a mere waste,” MDMK chief Vaiko told reporters here.
He declined to comment on AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa recently pulling out her party’s lone representative from the delegation.
Jayalalithaa had expressed displeasure over the delegation’s itinerary and slammed the “anti-Tamil” approach of Sri Lanka as regards rehabilitation of internally displaced Tamils.
The MPs delegation is led by Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief