MPs’ visit to Sri Lanka a ‘mere waste’: MDMK
Chennai: The Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) on Sunday described as ‘mere waste’ the scheduled visit of an all-party MPs’ delegation to Sri Lanka from April 16-22 to assess the resettlement and political process.
“The scheduled visit will not help Tamils in Sri Lanka in any way. It is a mere waste,” MDMK chief Vaiko told reporters here.
He declined to comment on AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa recently pulling out her party’s lone representative from the delegation.
Jayalalithaa had expressed displeasure over the delegation’s itinerary and slammed the “anti-Tamil” approach of Sri Lanka as regards rehabilitation of internally displaced Tamils.
The MPs delegation is led by Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands