MPs’ visit to Sri Lanka a ‘mere waste’: MDMK
Chennai: The Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) on Sunday described as ‘mere waste’ the scheduled visit of an all-party MPs’ delegation to Sri Lanka from April 16-22 to assess the resettlement and political process.
“The scheduled visit will not help Tamils in Sri Lanka in any way. It is a mere waste,” MDMK chief Vaiko told reporters here.
He declined to comment on AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa recently pulling out her party’s lone representative from the delegation.
Jayalalithaa had expressed displeasure over the delegation’s itinerary and slammed the “anti-Tamil” approach of Sri Lanka as regards rehabilitation of internally displaced Tamils.
The MPs delegation is led by Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!