Nearly Rs 5 lakh stolen from bank ATM
Tiruchirapalli: An ATM of Punjab National Bank near Coleroon Toll gate here was found smashed open and cash up to Rs five lakh stolen from it, a senior bank official said on Thursday.
"It was on onsite ATM and the bank normally does not load more than Rs five lakh in the morning and around the same amount in the evening. At the maximum the bank would have lost Rs four to five lakh," said an official on the condition of anonymity.
The official said it was baffling how the ATM could have been burgled as it was located at a busy junction where buses halt. Police pickets were supposed to be stationed there round the clock, he added.
Police said they had got definite clues and were confident of nabbing the culprits soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?