Nearly Rs 5 lakh stolen from bank ATM
Tiruchirapalli: An ATM of Punjab National Bank near Coleroon Toll gate here was found smashed open and cash up to Rs five lakh stolen from it, a senior bank official said on Thursday.
"It was on onsite ATM and the bank normally does not load more than Rs five lakh in the morning and around the same amount in the evening. At the maximum the bank would have lost Rs four to five lakh," said an official on the condition of anonymity.
The official said it was baffling how the ATM could have been burgled as it was located at a busy junction where buses halt. Police pickets were supposed to be stationed there round the clock, he added.
Police said they had got definite clues and were confident of nabbing the culprits soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement