Nearly Rs 5 lakh stolen from bank ATM
Tiruchirapalli: An ATM of Punjab National Bank near Coleroon Toll gate here was found smashed open and cash up to Rs five lakh stolen from it, a senior bank official said on Thursday.
"It was on onsite ATM and the bank normally does not load more than Rs five lakh in the morning and around the same amount in the evening. At the maximum the bank would have lost Rs four to five lakh," said an official on the condition of anonymity.
The official said it was baffling how the ATM could have been burgled as it was located at a busy junction where buses halt. Police pickets were supposed to be stationed there round the clock, he added.
Police said they had got definite clues and were confident of nabbing the culprits soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'