Nearly Rs 5 lakh stolen from bank ATM
Tiruchirapalli: An ATM of Punjab National Bank near Coleroon Toll gate here was found smashed open and cash up to Rs five lakh stolen from it, a senior bank official said on Thursday.
"It was on onsite ATM and the bank normally does not load more than Rs five lakh in the morning and around the same amount in the evening. At the maximum the bank would have lost Rs four to five lakh," said an official on the condition of anonymity.
The official said it was baffling how the ATM could have been burgled as it was located at a busy junction where buses halt. Police pickets were supposed to be stationed there round the clock, he added.
Police said they had got definite clues and were confident of nabbing the culprits soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men