Nine Lankan fishermen arrested for illegally entering EEZ
Chennai: Nine Lankan fishermen have been arrested by the Indian Coast Guard for illegally fishing in Indian waters.
In a sea-air co-ordinated operation, Coast Guard arrested the fishermen, who were fishing in two boats some 38 nautical miles off Chennai coast on January 29, an official release said.
Coast Guard`s surveillance aircraft Dornier located the fishermen and ICGS Rajkamal personnel arrested them and seized the boats.They have been handed over to Tamil Nadu Police.
The Coast Guard has arrested 308 Lankan fishermen and 59 boats for illegally entering and fishing in India`s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) in the last one year alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi