Nine Lankan fishermen arrested for illegally entering EEZ
Chennai: Nine Lankan fishermen have been arrested by the Indian Coast Guard for illegally fishing in Indian waters.
In a sea-air co-ordinated operation, Coast Guard arrested the fishermen, who were fishing in two boats some 38 nautical miles off Chennai coast on January 29, an official release said.
Coast Guard`s surveillance aircraft Dornier located the fishermen and ICGS Rajkamal personnel arrested them and seized the boats.They have been handed over to Tamil Nadu Police.
The Coast Guard has arrested 308 Lankan fishermen and 59 boats for illegally entering and fishing in India`s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) in the last one year alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?