Nine Lankan fishermen arrested for illegally entering EEZ
Chennai: Nine Lankan fishermen have been arrested by the Indian Coast Guard for illegally fishing in Indian waters.
In a sea-air co-ordinated operation, Coast Guard arrested the fishermen, who were fishing in two boats some 38 nautical miles off Chennai coast on January 29, an official release said.
Coast Guard`s surveillance aircraft Dornier located the fishermen and ICGS Rajkamal personnel arrested them and seized the boats.They have been handed over to Tamil Nadu Police.
The Coast Guard has arrested 308 Lankan fishermen and 59 boats for illegally entering and fishing in India`s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) in the last one year alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt