Nine Lankan fishermen arrested for illegally entering EEZ
Chennai: Nine Lankan fishermen have been arrested by the Indian Coast Guard for illegally fishing in Indian waters.
In a sea-air co-ordinated operation, Coast Guard arrested the fishermen, who were fishing in two boats some 38 nautical miles off Chennai coast on January 29, an official release said.
Coast Guard`s surveillance aircraft Dornier located the fishermen and ICGS Rajkamal personnel arrested them and seized the boats.They have been handed over to Tamil Nadu Police.
The Coast Guard has arrested 308 Lankan fishermen and 59 boats for illegally entering and fishing in India`s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) in the last one year alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31