Nine Lankan fishermen arrested for illegally entering EEZ
Chennai: Nine Lankan fishermen have been arrested by the Indian Coast Guard for illegally fishing in Indian waters.
In a sea-air co-ordinated operation, Coast Guard arrested the fishermen, who were fishing in two boats some 38 nautical miles off Chennai coast on January 29, an official release said.
Coast Guard`s surveillance aircraft Dornier located the fishermen and ICGS Rajkamal personnel arrested them and seized the boats.They have been handed over to Tamil Nadu Police.
The Coast Guard has arrested 308 Lankan fishermen and 59 boats for illegally entering and fishing in India`s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) in the last one year alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in