Noted writer Anuradha Ramanan passes away
Chennai: Noted writer and novelist Anuradha
Ramanan died here today following cardiac arrest, family
Born on June 29, 1947, Anuradha was a recipient of various
awards including `Rajiv Gandhi Award`.
She had penned over 1,300 novels and 1,230 short stories.
Some of her stories---`Sirai`, `Kootupuzhukkal`, `Malarin
Payanam` and `Oru Veedu Iru Vaasal`-- were also made into
films. Her Telugu novel `Oka Baarya Katha` bagged five awards.
Her husband pre-deceased her.
She is survived by two daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest