Noted writer Anuradha Ramanan passes away
Chennai: Noted writer and novelist Anuradha
Ramanan died here today following cardiac arrest, family
Born on June 29, 1947, Anuradha was a recipient of various
awards including `Rajiv Gandhi Award`.
She had penned over 1,300 novels and 1,230 short stories.
Some of her stories---`Sirai`, `Kootupuzhukkal`, `Malarin
Payanam` and `Oru Veedu Iru Vaasal`-- were also made into
films. Her Telugu novel `Oka Baarya Katha` bagged five awards.
Her husband pre-deceased her.
She is survived by two daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India