Noted writer Anuradha Ramanan passes away
Chennai: Noted writer and novelist Anuradha
Ramanan died here today following cardiac arrest, family
Born on June 29, 1947, Anuradha was a recipient of various
awards including `Rajiv Gandhi Award`.
She had penned over 1,300 novels and 1,230 short stories.
Some of her stories---`Sirai`, `Kootupuzhukkal`, `Malarin
Payanam` and `Oru Veedu Iru Vaasal`-- were also made into
films. Her Telugu novel `Oka Baarya Katha` bagged five awards.
Her husband pre-deceased her.
She is survived by two daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Salman Khan 'rape' remark: NCW to issue summons to actor
- Driving in the rain: Key things you must follow
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today