Noted writer Anuradha Ramanan passes away
Chennai: Noted writer and novelist Anuradha
Ramanan died here today following cardiac arrest, family
Born on June 29, 1947, Anuradha was a recipient of various
awards including `Rajiv Gandhi Award`.
She had penned over 1,300 novels and 1,230 short stories.
Some of her stories---`Sirai`, `Kootupuzhukkal`, `Malarin
Payanam` and `Oru Veedu Iru Vaasal`-- were also made into
films. Her Telugu novel `Oka Baarya Katha` bagged five awards.
Her husband pre-deceased her.
She is survived by two daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Sensex zooms 391 points to hit 1-week high
- Inclusion of Pakistani players will raise importance, status of Indian Premier League: Zaheer Abbas
- Bihar journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder: Major breakthrough - Five shooters arrested in connection with case
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced