Now Jayalalithaa to launch "Amma Salt"
Chennai: After low-cost canteens and drinking water, the Jayalalithaa Government in Tamil Nadu is launching "Amma Salt" tomorrow.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa will inaugurate the sale of the "Amma Salt", a product of Tamil Nadu Salt Corporation Limited (TNSC) under the State Industries Department, according to an advertisement released by the government on Tuesday.
The salt would be available in three varieties -- double fortified, refined free flow iodised and low sodium, they said.
However, the details related to pricing is not known.
This is the latest in the series of welfare initiatives named after Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, who is addressed as "Amma" (mother) by her supporters.
Earlier, the government had launched "Amma Canteen" offering tiffin and lunch at low cost and "Amma Water," packaged drinking water costing Rs 10 per one litre bottle.
TNSC is a fully owned enterprise of the state government, which today released advertisements in media about the launch of salt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price