Office of organisation named after Narendra Modi ransacked
Erode: The office of a newly formed organisation named after Prime Minister Narendra Modi, against which BJP had lodged a police complaint while accusing it of misuing the party`s symbol and the PM`s photograph, was on Monday ransacked by some unidentified miscreants.
Police said the miscreants entered the office of `Modi Peravai` this evening and smashed windowpanes and furniture as the occupants fled the spot.
Shortly before the incident, a van carrying some Peravai members, including women, was blocked and attacked with sticks and stones near the BJP office. But the vehicle occupants managed to escape, police said.
Police rushed to the spot and towed the vehicle to the police station.
No arrests have been made so far in connection with the incident, police said.
Two days back, BJP`s local unit had lodged a compliant with police alleging that some persons were `misusing` the party name and collecting money in its name.
These persons were not BJP members and were using the party`s lotus symbol and the PM`s photograph without any concurence from the State BJP or BJP National President, they said.
BJP had also sought police protection to their office as they apprehended that Peravai members may cause damage to it.
No Peravai member was available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India