Office of organisation named after Narendra Modi ransacked
Erode: The office of a newly formed organisation named after Prime Minister Narendra Modi, against which BJP had lodged a police complaint while accusing it of misuing the party`s symbol and the PM`s photograph, was on Monday ransacked by some unidentified miscreants.
Police said the miscreants entered the office of `Modi Peravai` this evening and smashed windowpanes and furniture as the occupants fled the spot.
Shortly before the incident, a van carrying some Peravai members, including women, was blocked and attacked with sticks and stones near the BJP office. But the vehicle occupants managed to escape, police said.
Police rushed to the spot and towed the vehicle to the police station.
No arrests have been made so far in connection with the incident, police said.
Two days back, BJP`s local unit had lodged a compliant with police alleging that some persons were `misusing` the party name and collecting money in its name.
These persons were not BJP members and were using the party`s lotus symbol and the PM`s photograph without any concurence from the State BJP or BJP National President, they said.
BJP had also sought police protection to their office as they apprehended that Peravai members may cause damage to it.
No Peravai member was available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH