One killed, 2 injured in mishap at Chennai Metro site
Chennai: A worker was killed and two others were injured when a launching girder crashed at a construction site of the Chennai Metro Rail project here on Thursday.
The incident occurred at the St Thomas Mount station early this morning, killing a migrant worker and injuring two others, police said.
The injured have been admitted to a private hospital and a case registered, police added.
In August last year, one labourer was killed and six others injured when a crane engaged in work at a Metro Rail construction site opposite Pachaiyappa’s College in Kilpauk locality had collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL