One killed, 2 injured in mishap at Chennai Metro site
Chennai: A worker was killed and two others were injured when a launching girder crashed at a construction site of the Chennai Metro Rail project here on Thursday.
The incident occurred at the St Thomas Mount station early this morning, killing a migrant worker and injuring two others, police said.
The injured have been admitted to a private hospital and a case registered, police added.
In August last year, one labourer was killed and six others injured when a crane engaged in work at a Metro Rail construction site opposite Pachaiyappa’s College in Kilpauk locality had collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!