One killed, 2 injured in mishap at Chennai Metro site
Chennai: A worker was killed and two others were injured when a launching girder crashed at a construction site of the Chennai Metro Rail project here on Thursday.
The incident occurred at the St Thomas Mount station early this morning, killing a migrant worker and injuring two others, police said.
The injured have been admitted to a private hospital and a case registered, police added.
In August last year, one labourer was killed and six others injured when a crane engaged in work at a Metro Rail construction site opposite Pachaiyappa’s College in Kilpauk locality had collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened