One killed, 2 injured in mishap at Chennai Metro site
Chennai: A worker was killed and two others were injured when a launching girder crashed at a construction site of the Chennai Metro Rail project here on Thursday.
The incident occurred at the St Thomas Mount station early this morning, killing a migrant worker and injuring two others, police said.
The injured have been admitted to a private hospital and a case registered, police added.
In August last year, one labourer was killed and six others injured when a crane engaged in work at a Metro Rail construction site opposite Pachaiyappa’s College in Kilpauk locality had collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?