One killed, 2 injured in mishap at Chennai Metro site
Chennai: A worker was killed and two others were injured when a launching girder crashed at a construction site of the Chennai Metro Rail project here on Thursday.
The incident occurred at the St Thomas Mount station early this morning, killing a migrant worker and injuring two others, police said.
The injured have been admitted to a private hospital and a case registered, police added.
In August last year, one labourer was killed and six others injured when a crane engaged in work at a Metro Rail construction site opposite Pachaiyappa’s College in Kilpauk locality had collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India