Police SSI killed in mishap in Tamil Nadu
Salem: A Police special sub-inspector
died on Friday after his two-wheeler collided with a container-lorry, police said.
The SSI, Kallan (50) was returning to Nilgiris after bandobast duty at Dharmapuri when the lorry loaded with cars hit his motorcycle near Mecheri.
The lorry driver fled from the spot.
A case has been registered, police said, adding, the deceased was the SSI at Sholurmattam in Nilgiris district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29