Police SSI killed in mishap in Tamil Nadu
Salem: A Police special sub-inspector
died on Friday after his two-wheeler collided with a container-lorry, police said.
The SSI, Kallan (50) was returning to Nilgiris after bandobast duty at Dharmapuri when the lorry loaded with cars hit his motorcycle near Mecheri.
The lorry driver fled from the spot.
A case has been registered, police said, adding, the deceased was the SSI at Sholurmattam in Nilgiris district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH