Political leaders condole death of Soundararajan
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah on Saturday condoled the death of veteran playback singer T M Soundararajan, describing his demise as an "irreparable loss" to Tamil film industry.
Expressing shock and grief over the demise of the 91 year-old singer, the Governor said that Soundararajan was known for his rich voice and had "stirred the audience by imitating the voices of the most of the heroes he sang for."
"His devotional songs are emotional, touch one`s heart, ever reverberate in one`s ears and take one nearer to divinity," he said, adding, he left an "indellible ink" mark in South Indian music world.
His death was an "irreparable loss" to Tamil cinema and to Tamil music world in particular, he said while conveying his condolences to the bereaved family members and his fans.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi also paid rich tributes to Soundararajan, recalling his friendship with the singer.
"The voice of no other singer suited the poles of Tamil cinema- M G Ramachandran and Sivaji Ganesan-like that of Soundararajan," he said adding his government had in 1974 conferred the `Kalaimamani` Award on him.
He expressed grief over Soundararajan`s death.
DMDK founder and Opposition Leader in the state Assembly, Vijayakant and MDMK leader Vaiko also condoled Soundararajan`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head