Power supply in Cuddalore to be restored tomorrow
Cuddalore: Power supply in all houses in
cyclone Thane-hit Cuddalore district will be restored from
Sunday, Rural Industries M C Sampath said on Saturday.
Special Officer for Relief Operations Rajendra Rathnoo
said Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had allotted Rs 20 crore as
compensation for fishermen towards damaged nets and boats.
Sampath, Labour Welfare Minister Chellapandian and
Cuddalore Collector Amuthavalli distributed relief to 16
Cuddalore and Puducherry were the worst-affected by the
cyclonic storm which crossed the coast on December 30, leaving
in its wake a trail of destruction and claiming 46 lives.
Cuddalore alone accounted for 39 deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore