Power supply in Cuddalore to be restored tomorrow
Cuddalore: Power supply in all houses in
cyclone Thane-hit Cuddalore district will be restored from
Sunday, Rural Industries M C Sampath said on Saturday.
Special Officer for Relief Operations Rajendra Rathnoo
said Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had allotted Rs 20 crore as
compensation for fishermen towards damaged nets and boats.
Sampath, Labour Welfare Minister Chellapandian and
Cuddalore Collector Amuthavalli distributed relief to 16
Cuddalore and Puducherry were the worst-affected by the
cyclonic storm which crossed the coast on December 30, leaving
in its wake a trail of destruction and claiming 46 lives.
Cuddalore alone accounted for 39 deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH