Power supply in Cuddalore to be restored tomorrow
Cuddalore: Power supply in all houses in
cyclone Thane-hit Cuddalore district will be restored from
Sunday, Rural Industries M C Sampath said on Saturday.
Special Officer for Relief Operations Rajendra Rathnoo
said Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had allotted Rs 20 crore as
compensation for fishermen towards damaged nets and boats.
Sampath, Labour Welfare Minister Chellapandian and
Cuddalore Collector Amuthavalli distributed relief to 16
Cuddalore and Puducherry were the worst-affected by the
cyclonic storm which crossed the coast on December 30, leaving
in its wake a trail of destruction and claiming 46 lives.
Cuddalore alone accounted for 39 deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India