Power supply in Cuddalore to be restored tomorrow
Cuddalore: Power supply in all houses in
cyclone Thane-hit Cuddalore district will be restored from
Sunday, Rural Industries M C Sampath said on Saturday.
Special Officer for Relief Operations Rajendra Rathnoo
said Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had allotted Rs 20 crore as
compensation for fishermen towards damaged nets and boats.
Sampath, Labour Welfare Minister Chellapandian and
Cuddalore Collector Amuthavalli distributed relief to 16
Cuddalore and Puducherry were the worst-affected by the
cyclonic storm which crossed the coast on December 30, leaving
in its wake a trail of destruction and claiming 46 lives.
Cuddalore alone accounted for 39 deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi