Ramadoss, Anbumani quizzed by CBI in murder case
Chennai: CBI has questioned Pattali Makkal
Katchi (PMK) founder S Ramadoss and his son, former Union
Minister Anbumani Ramadoss, in connection with the murder of a
relative of Tamil Nadu minister for Commercial taxes C Ve
Shanmugam, sources said.
While the senior PMK leader was questioned last evening,
Anbumani Ramadoss was interrogated few days back, they said.
A relative of Shanmugam, Muruganandham, was murdered by an
armed gang on May 8, 2006, when they tried to attack the
former at his house in Tindivanam.
Muruganandham died while trying to save the life of
Shanmugam, AIADMK strongman in Villupuram district.
The attack was following political enmity between Shanmugam
Last month CBI had questioned Srinivasan, brother of
Ramadoss, in connection with the case.
The Madras High Court had in October last year ordered a
CBI inquiry into the murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city