Ramadoss`s PMK break ties with AIADMK
Chennai: The PMK on Sunday broke its six-month
old ties with AIADMK, charging it with trying to implicate its
top leaders in a `false` case.
A resolution in this regard was adopted at the PMK`s
executive committee meeting at Tindivanam in Vilupuram
district this afternoon.
The resolution said former AIADMK minister C V Shanmugam
had filed a case in the Madras High Court, seeking a direction
to the police to include PMK founder S Ramadoss and his son
and former Union minister Anbumani Ramadoss as accused in a
murder case that took place just before the 2006 assembly
It claimed that the police, after investigation, found
no prima facie case against Ramadoss and his relatives and had
dropped their names from the list of the accused and a lower
court had also upheld the decision.
The party president G K Mani met AIADMK chief
Jayalalithaa at Kodanadu recently and explained the situation
to her, but despite this she had allowed Shanmugam to file a
case in the High Court, it said, adding "It has become
untenable for the party to continue its alliance with the
PMK was ousted from the DMK-led Democratic Progressive
Alliance in July 2008 after one of its senior leaders, J Guru,
made "intimidating speeches" against M Karunanidhi and other
senior DMK leaders.
PMK general council, in May last, decided to align with
the AIADMK for the Lok Sabha polls and was allotted seven
seats but drew a blank.
The poll pact envisaged allotment of one Rajya Sabha
seat to the PMK, but with the snapping of ties, it is unlikely
that the AIADMK would honour its commitment when the biennial
elections are held next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore