Sasikala`s husband Natarajan arrested
Chennai: M Natarajan, husband of Sasikala, close aide of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, was on Monday arrested after he was picked up from Courtallam in Tirunelveli district following a complaint from martial arts expert and sculptor Shihah Husseini that he was threatened by him, police said.
He has been arrested under several IPC sections including criminal intimidation, police said.
In his complaint, Husseini had alleged that Natarajan and his assistants had allegedly threatened him on June 26 with dire consequences. An assistant of Natarajan had also allegedly threatened the artist with a pistol.
Natarajan had asked Husseini to sculpt a frieze. He intended to install it at the Mullivaaikaal Memorial dedicated to the Tamil victims of the war in Sri Lanka at Thanjavur. Natarajan had allegedly not paid the agreed amount of Rs.98 lakh and had only given Rs.25 lakh to the artist.
Against this background, Natarajan had allegedly intimidated Husseini, it was said in the complaint.
As Natarajan did not turn up in response to summons issued based on the complaint, he was arrested, police added.
Natarajan had been arrested in 2012 in a case of alleged land grabbing.
Last year, coinciding with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s birthday, Husseini sculpted the AIADMK chief`s bust by using frozen blood of volunteers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore